National Picnic Week: The Mummy Diary's Lemon Curd Recipe
Blogger 'The Mummy Diary' shares her favourite super speedy lemon curd recipe with us.
Nothing makes me smile more than homemade jams and spreads, they are perfect to add to toast in the morning or to yummy cakes for afternoon tea. This simple and super easy recipe, allows you to make some tangy homemade lemon curd for just that.
• Juice of 2 large lemons or 3 medium
• 2 eggs whisked
• 110g caster sugar
• 60g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1. Combine the squeezed juice from the lemons with the eggs in a mixing bowl.
2. Strain the lemon and egg mixture into a microwavable bowl.
3. Stir in the sugar and then add the butter into the bowl.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the microwave.
5. Cook on high for 1 minute, remove the cling film and stir, place the bowl back into the microwave.
6. Cook on medium for 6 minutes, a minute at a time, until the liquid starts to bubble and thicken. Whisk well after each minute to ensure the mixture doesn’t curdle.
7. Remove the bowl from the microwave, making sure to use oven gloves as the bowl will be hot, and continue to whisk until the mixture starts to cool down. The lemon curd will begin to thicken as it cools.
8. Once cooled you can keep in a clean jar, or serve immediately on a yummy cake, scones or toast.
Posted by The Mummy Diary (13/06/2016)