Summer BBQ recipes
There’s nothing us Brits love more than getting the BBQ out on a sunny day, but are you stumped for ideas for new BBQ recipes to cook up this summer?
We’ve put together a selection of our favourite recipes for you to try. Got a BBQ recipe you love to make? Share it with us on Facebook.
Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
● 8 chicken drumsticks
● 2 tbsp soy sauce
● 1 tbsp honey
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● 1 tsp tomato purée
● 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Mix together the ingredients for the sticky glaze.
2. Make 3 score lines on each chicken drumstick and place in a dish.
3. Pour the glaze over, cover with foil and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins at room temperature.
4. Once marinated cook your drumsticks on the BBQ, ensuring they are cooked thoroughly.
Griddled Glazed Vegetable Kebabs
● 1 tbsp clear honey
● 1 tsp grainy mustard
● 2 tbsp oil
● 1 courgette, thickly sliced
● 1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
● 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
● 8 cherry tomatoes
● 1 orange pepper, cut into chunks
1. Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for 30 mins to help stop them from burning.
2. Blend the honey, mustard and oil with seasoning.
3. To assemble, thread veg onto skewers and brush with glaze. Cook for 25-30 mins in the on the barbecue, brushing with any remaining glaze before serving.
Chocolate Baked Bananas
● 4 ripe bananas
● 2 x 32g bag chocolate buttons
● vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Make a slit through the skin of the bananas along one side – making sure you don’t cut all the way through to the other side.
2. Poke in the chocolate buttons along the cut. Put each banana onto a sheet of foil and crimp the edges together to seal into a parcel.
3. Pop on the BBQ until the bananas have turned black, serve with ice cream.
Posted by Zoflora (20/08/2015)